So I tried a recipe for Irish lamb stew. It didn't go over too well, in part because the pot I cooked it in was really shallow (about 7 cups water max I don't have a dutch oven or a real pot).
The other problem was that I used lamb shanks, which yielded very little meat. A lot of effort for something that was only so-so. My advice to people who cook Irish stew in the future? By pre-cut lamb in chunks for stew. It's worth the extra couple of bucks a pound.
The consolation was in the soda bread. I made it with lime yogurt, which made it really sweet. Other additions were carraway seeds (an terrifyingly expensive spice), a store-bought mixture of chopped nuts (mostly peanuts), and sunflower seeds. It was sweet, delicious, and easy to make.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment